Welcome to Pot Farm Info, the site Pot Farm calls...
"the best and most comprehensive Pot Farm site on the vast interwebs!"
POT FARM INFO
Ask questions in the PFI Discussion Group!
URGENT TOOLBAR NOTICE:
On April 19th, the devs made some major changes to gifting and just worked out the last of the kinks on May 9th. These changes stopped the gifting buttons on the toolbar from working.
The gifting buttons on the toolbar will be down indefinitely. With the recent fix to mooch posts through the game, I still have hope that this may be resolved.
Anyone wishing to encourage the devs to help out with this, please give this 3 votes HERE. (If you comment, please be nice about it. No one responds well to threats or abuse.)
ABOUT THE PFI MOOCH GROUP: potfarm.info/mooch.php#about
What is mooching? If you go to the gift page of the game, you can mooch (request) the items listed there. Also, when building something in the game, rather than buying the products needed, you can click mooch. Both of these put posts on your wall that only your neighbors can click. This group improves on that!
With the GuruBar toolbar (explained below), the "neighbors only" limitation is removed. This group is a place for members to mooch and send those gifts and products. (NOTE: This group is NOT about locking and sharing mystery seeds, or other share posts.)
IMPORTANT CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND: This group provides you a list of fellow players to send stuff to. Sending players what they want will get YOU stuff in return. This is how you get the most stuff. If you ignore the rules and post but do not send, you will not get nearly as much.
GETTING STARTED: potfarm.info/mooch.php#start
STEP 1: Download the "GURU BAR" Toolbar (required)
The Guru Bar toolbar allows you to send a gift to a fellow moocher by simply highlighting their ID number and clicking the toolbar button corresponding to what they want.
PLEASE visit the TOOLBAR PAGE now for complete instructions and a download link.
STEP 2: Visit the Toolbar Support Page (for toolbar support)
Visit the Guru Bar Toolbar Facebook Page and click "LIKE". That's the place to get toolbar support, ask TOOLBAR questions, get TOOLBAR tips and updates, etc.
STEP 3: Join the PFI Mooch Group (to send & mooch gifts)
Visit the PFI MOOCH GROUP and click the JOIN button. You'll be added as quickly as possible (always within 24 hours).
The more players who use the mooch group, the more people there will be to send you stuff. Click the share button.
STEP 5: Join the PFI Game Discussion Group (for general questions about the game.)
Visit the POT FARM INFO Game Discussion Group and click the JOIN button. That's the place to ask general, non-mooch related questions about the game.
USING THE GROUP (THE RULES) potfarm.info/mooch.php#using
STEP 1: SEND GIFTS TO OTHER MOOCHERS!
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP AND ONE MANY PEOPLE OVERLOOK. Find a post corresponding to what YOU need. SEND people who posted requests ONLY what they asked for using the Guru Bar toolbar. EVERYONE MUST SEND! Sending will get you the most gifts! (Send people ONLY what they've asked for.) This group will not work if people only mooch. NOTE: Send to everyone you want to, but the game only allows you to send to a particular person once every 24 hours.
SENDING GIFTS: EASY INSTRUCTIONS: PLEASE READ!
- 1) Highlight a player's ID number (*see next section for ID info).
- 2) Click the gift button corresponding to what you want to send.
- You will be taken to the game. GIFT SENT!
What to expect: When sending gifts with the toolbar, you will get no indication that the gift was sent. If the game opens in a new tab and the URL in the address bar changes from a very long link to https://apps.facebook.com/mypotfarm/play.php, then it's very likely the gift was sent. (If you click a gift button and it does NOT open the game in a new tab, it DID NOT send. You probably need to turn off the popup blocker in your browser settings.)
At what point does it actually send? It's generally believed that the gift is actually sent when the url switches from a very long one to a shorter one ending in play.php. I usually give it at least a couple more seconds though just to be safe. It does not need to load completely.
You can only send one gift to a person in any 24 hour period. If you try sending more than that, it will still do the same thing, but it won't send another one.
If you don't see the gift button you're looking for, try clicking >> at the far right of the toolbar to see the buttons that don't fit on your screen.
TIP: To highlight an id #, either double click it, or click (holding the mouse button down), drag the mouse over the entire number, and then release the mouse button. (Be careful to only include the number and no extra characters.)
STEP 2 (optional): POST A MOOCH (request)
Find a post corresponding to what you want people to send you:
Note: You can delete your old posts, but that doesn't entitle you to post again sooner than the listed limits. (Otherwise, some people would delete and repost every hour to stay close to the bottom.)
STEP 3: RETURN GIFTS:
RETURN ALL GIFTS THAT YOU'VE REQUESTED. When accepting gifts through the game, be sure to click the link to return to the sender. (To discourage people sending whatever they want, you do not NEED to return gifts that you did not request, though you're certainly welcome to return everything if you'd like.)
TIP: If you're getting errors when returning gifts, click the GET UPDATES button on the "pro bar" at the top of the game. (See video.) The devs are working on fixing this error, but this should help in the meantime.
FIND YOUR OWN ID NUMBER: potfarm.info/mooch.php#id
You MUST include YOUR ID NUMBER when requesting something. Check out the new MY ID button on the toolbar. Here's how it works:
More to keep in mind: potfarm.info/mooch.php#more
FAQ: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: potfarm.info/mooch.php#faq
- CAN I MOOCH GROOVY TUNES, SALTY NUTS, OR CIGARETTE BUTTS? (or other contraption ingredients, guano, mystery seeds, driftwood, old seasonal seeds, specific critters, pot heads, etc.) NO. You can't. ONLY items that are currently on the gift page of the game (or products required for building something) can be sent to other players. Check out the rest of this guide to the game to find the source for what you're looking for.
- AT WHAT POINT, AFTER CLICKING THE GIFT BUTTON, IS THE GIFT ACTUALLY SENT? It's generally believed that the gift is actually sent when the url switches from a very long one to a shorter one ending in play.php. I usually give it at least a couple more seconds though just to be safe. The game does not need to load completely for the gift to be sent.
- WHY DON'T I GET MYSTERY CRITTERS SENT TO ME WITH THE TOOLBAR? When mooching mystery critters (or receiving them from someone sending them with the GuruBar toolbar), you will not get notification of what critter you accepted. Instead, it will say simply that a Mystery Critter was accepted. When you see this, it means that NOTHING was received in your gift box. A valid gift CAN be returned by clicking the link to return one to the sender. (4/7/13 update: Pot Farm developers are being urged to address this long-standing problem.)
- DO I NEED TO ADD OTHER MEMBERS OF THE GROUP AS FRIENDS TO SEND THEM SOMETHING? NO. To click on a mooch link posted through the game, you need to be their friend. But we don't use links in the mooch group. With the Guru Bar Toolbar you CAN send someone something even if you're not friends. See a complete explanation on the Guru Bar Toolbar page.
- CAN I POST ADD REQUESTS? NO. Please don't! Instead, check out the Pot Farm Info ADD PAGE at add.potfarm.info.
- WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS? It depends on what type of question you have:
- Mooch related and mooch group questions.
- Help finding ID number
- Toolbar Support Page.
- General questions about the game (non-mooch related): PFI Discussion Group.
- WHAT CAN I DO IF SOMEONE IS SPAMMING or BREAKING OTHER POSTING RULES: There are thousands of members and only a couple admins. Please report problem posters in the "Report Problem Posts" thread. (DO NOT complain or start any other discussion in the mooch threads!) You can also simply go to their profile and block them. That way, you will never see ANY of their posts again.
- WHAT CAN I DO IF I NO LONGER WANT SOMETHING? If you no longer need what you posted a mooch for, you can remove your post. Simply hover over the right side of your post and click the X. This will allow you to edit or delete your post. (If you make a mistake in your post, DO NOT post again. Just edit it.)
- WHO CAN SEE MY POSTS IN THE GROUP? This is a closed group. Anyone can see the group and who's in it. But, only members can see posts.
- CAN I INVITE MY FRIENDS? This group would be even more awesome if your friends were here! As long as everyone plays well with others and follows these rules, they are welcome here. Click share to tell them about the group.
- HOW DO I STOP GETTING NOTIFICATIONS? Click Notifications in the upper right corner of the group and check OFF. After posting, click the UNFOLLOW link on the thread. If you're getting emailed with notification, you can go to your Facebook account settings and change what Facebook emails you about.
- HOW DO I KNOW THE TOOLBAR IS WORKING? If it takes you to the game in a new tab, it's done what's it's supposed to do. As explained on the toolbar page, it doesn't give any feedback about what it sent. But, it works! DO NOT ask people to verify receipt in a mooch thread. Mooch threads are NOT the place to start conversations.
- IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY GIFTS I CAN SEND? I know you can't send to a single player more than once every 24 hours. Beyond that, it's unclear. Short answer = I don't know. Long answer = Players can respond to a mooch posted through the game 50 times every 24 hours. Using the toolbar was thought to mimic this and therefore it was assumed that it was part of the same limit. I used to post that the limit was 50 every 24 hours combined with responding to mooches through the game. Then, people started telling me that they were successfully able to send out many more than this. Because of this, I stopped posting a sending limit and encourage people to try sending all they want. They may or may not all go through. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer for everyone.
- I'm new and don't know what something is. Do I need it? You can look up items on the ITEM PAGE of Pot Farm Info. Beginning players DO NOT need all hydro parts, voodoo parts, dicks date parts, or voodoo parts. There's no point in mooching them. People make the mistake of mooching stuff they know nothing about when they could be getting stuff they can use. Please only request things you actually need in the game. I recommend the latest seasonal seeds. You'll grow them and makes some money in the game and also make some progress toward quests. Most products sell for next to nothing, so if you're looking for coin, that's the wrong way to do it. Check out my guide to the game at potfarm.info. There are pages that will tell you what all products and all seeds are worth. (NOTE: If a product is listed as having a pot buck price, that does not mean you can sell it for pot bucks. That is how much you would pay if you bought it rather than mooching it when building something requiring it.)
- Can you make a thread where members can ask for anything? NO. Given the opportunity to ask for anything, people would start asking for stuff that they cannot receive via gifts. The current structure helps people understand what they can send and receive.
- HELP! WHY CAN'T I SEE THE GROUP ANY MORE? The mooch group has clearly defined rules. If you break the rules, I'll usually try to email you. If you continue ignoring the rules, you'll be blocked from the group. If your Facebook settings won't allow me to email you, you'll simply be removed without warning. This is for the benefit of everyone who DOES follow the rules.
Please do not ask general game questions in the mooch group. Likewise, do not ask mooch questions in the general game discussion group.
Thanks and MOOCH ON!
AFTER reading this page, CLICK HERE to proceed to the MOOCH GROUP.
Pot Farm Info - potfarm.info
Answering all your burning questions
Pot Farm Info Site Map:
Pot Farm Info on Facebook:
This website was made from 100% recycled materials.
This website was not tested on animals.
Naturally HIGH in fiber. Contains NO CFCs or transfats.
Copyright 2010-2013, Pot Farm Info
If you see any of my content (including PFI watermarked images) copied elsewhere, please contact me with details so I can give some work to a poor, starving lawyer. Stealing my hard work ain't cool, man. This site is NOT affiliated with Facebook, Pot Farm on Facebook, or East Side Games. However, all content is used with appropriate permission by original authors. That permission does NOT extend to anyone copying from this site.